Build Your Career
Build Your Career
What makes IX a great team to work with is its openness to diversity and freedom of individuality. If you consider yourself an outgoing, influential, attention-seeking and opinionated self-starter with unorthodox viewpoints looking to dive deep into the world of journalism or media production you'll fit right in. Contributors must be comfortable using their real names and should be at ease using their personal social media accounts on a daily basis. This contributing experience at IX begins when you want it to, and ends when you want it to.
Current Available Positions (New York City/Toronto/Montreal/UK)
Any position with IX Daily can be worked on in the comfort of your own home and at your own leisure. Only individuals who meet our criteria will be considered and replied to. We offer educational value for any of the careers that you can build through our network. We give priority to those who want to use this as an internship for school credits.
You must have a facebook account to be considered. Due to priority, please note that only positions that need to be filled are listed below.
Contributor/Writer - Music, Fashion, Culture, Nightlife
If qualified, contributors may also be asked to participate in media-box events and generate concert reviews, attend launch parties, take part in special screenings, conduct interviews, test new products etc. Plus, all contributors can request media accreditation to events they wish to cover from our publicists. - This position is currently closed for the moment.
Life After IX
Contributors who have moved on from our publication (and in many cases even continue to contribute) have found great success in attaining full-time employment in their respective fields in an increasingly saturated job market. The inclusion of your IX stint gives an extra incentive and edge when employers are confronted in making a decision. Here are some examples of where IX alumni have found themselves:
- Publication Media - MTV, National Post, Flare, Vice, Slice, Marie-Claire, Urban Expressions, Montreal Gazette, Toronto Star, Huffington Post
- Social Media & Online - Hashtag Media, Merchlar, Marketel, Independent Freelance, TrendHunter, SocialMonsters.org
- Organizations - Igloofest, NXNE, SXSW, Osheaga, MUTEK, Digital Dreams, Ultra Music Festival, Just for Laughs, LiveNation, C2MTL, The Founder's Project, Bonnaroo, Escapade Music Festival, Montreal Canadiens, New York Mets
- Agencies - Sid Lee, Brad Agency, Taxi, Spafax, Leo Burnett, McCann Erickson, K3 Media, LG2
- School - Ryerson University, NYU, Rutgers, Columbia, University of Ottawa, McGill University, Concordia University, Queen's, U of T, Humber College, UMass, York University, LaSalle College, Parsons New School of Design, CUNY